- The WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) program is federally funded through the Department of Agriculture.
- WIC provides nutrition education, health assessments and food vouchers
to pregnant, breastfeeding, and post partum women, and families with
infants and children under the age of 5. For Internet education
visit: www.wichealth.org .
- Clients must reside in Tazewell County, be within the required federal income
guidelines, and have a nutritional or medical reason to qualify.
- Appointments are required. Call extension 230 or 233.
- Certified Lactation Counselors and Breastfeeding Peer Counselors are
available to help breastfeeding women with questions or concerns.
- For more information visit: www.fns.usda.gov/wic/ .
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.